Liverpool and Manchester City draw 1-1 Arsenal jumps to the lead ‘banggeut’

Marc Alistair (left) scores the equalizer for Liverpool

Arsenal, who jumped to first place, smiled brightly as the match between Liverpool and Manchester City (Man City) in the English Professional Football Premier League (EPL) ended in a draw.

Liverpool was unable to score 1-1 with Manchester City in the 2023-2024 EPL round 28 home game held at Anfield in Liverpool, England on the 11th (Korean time).

With the competition for the title more intense than ever, Liverpool was in first place with 63 points, Manchester City was in second place with 62 points, and Arsenal was in third place with 61 points, following the two teams through the 27th round.

However, Arsenal, who played the 28th round first, won 2-1 over Brentford, increasing their points to 64 and jumping to the lead.

In addition, the match between Liverpool and Manchester City ended in a draw that was disappointing for both teams after a tight match, and Arsenal regained first place.

Liverpool (+39 goals) has the same points as Arsenal (+46 goals), but falls behind in goal difference in second place, and Manchester City (63 points) fell to third place.

John Stones, responsible for Manchester City’s first goal

In the beginning, it was Man City’s turn.

In the 3rd minute of the first half, Julian Alvarez, who received a pass from Bernardo Silva, penetrated into the left side of the penalty area and fired a sharp shot that was blocked by the goalkeeper.

In the 8th minute of the first half, De Bruyne penetrated into the left square and attempted a shot that slightly missed the goal.

In the end, the first goal went to Manchester City.

In the 23rd minute of the first half, De Bruyne’s corner kick from the right was completed with a right-footed volley by John Stones at the near post, sending it into the Liverpool net.

Liverpool did not sit still either.

In the 31st minute of the first half, Harvey Elliott’s diagonal cross was followed by Dominik Szoboslaui’s header, threatening the Manchester City goal.

fierce ball fight

In the 42nd minute of the first half, Liverpool Luis Diaz’s mid-range shot passed the left goalpost.

Liverpool leveled the game with Alexis Marc-Alistair’s penalty kick goal in the 5th minute of the second half.

Earlier, Darwin Núñez drew a foul from the opposing goalkeeper while trying to receive a forward pass on the right side of the goal area.

Afterwards, both teams continued to threaten the opponent’s goal, but only struck the opponent’s goal once at the end and no additional goals were scored.

In the 44th minute of the second half, Manchester City’s Jeremy Doku attempted a ground ball from the left side of the goal area and hit the right post, and Doku held his head.

In the 49th minute of the second half, Liverpool Cody Hakpo rushed to the front of the goal and fired a shot that hit the crossbar.However, Muhammad Salah, who passed to Hakpo, was ruled offside in the previous situation. 고스톱